For years, I have been complaining that I never get the opportunity to 'lay in'.
Now I have all the opportunity in the world, and I am blowing it!
(I dare say that Freud would have something to say about it)!
Anyway, I am feeling fine.
When I spoke with the Oncologist yesterday, she gave me the impression that by yesterday, I should have experienced any side effects that I am going to have, - for this cycle, anyway.
I thought that it may be useful to others who may be embarking on their first journey through chemo, to list the side effects that I have experienced so far, with a 'scale' to indicate the severity. I thought 1 - 10 would be as good as any.
1 being the mildest and 10 being the worst.
- Palpitations 2/10
- Heartburn 2/10
- Lack of concentration 4/10
- Continence issues 4/10
- Lethargy and tiredness 4/10
- Sore/bleeding mouth 4/10
- Drying skin 3/10
- Bleeding nose 1/10
- Tenderness to the body 2/10
- Headaches 1/10
- Food and drinks tasting weird 1/10
- Dizziness 3/10
- Runny nose 1/10
- Tinnitus (ringing in ears) 1/10
- Mild alteration in vision 1/10
- Nausea 1/10
- Sore, dry lips 2/10
- General irritability 2/10 *
- My 'innards' feeling heavy and tender 3/10
- Swelling and feeling bloated 2/10
* I think that my family are suffering from my irritability more than I am - aahhh, bless, lol!
Some side effects won't have kicked in yet, hair loss, for example.
I may have the same with the same rating during the next cycle, they may be more apparent....who knows!
I don't think that any 2 people will be the same.
Today, I intend to get some washing done, do a bit of cleaning and tidying, a bit of 'silver surfing' and make some more jewellery!
Generally, so far.... I don't feel as bad as I was expecting to, for which, I am very grateful!
However, there is still a long way to go.