Total Pageviews

Saturday 11 December 2010

11th December

I forgot to take my temperature yesterday and the day before!
Well, I did it this morning. 36.0

Today, I have a great feeling of urgency.
A feeling of 'so much to do, and so little time'.
When I have finished 'blogging', I have to get the washing all done, ironing, tidy up paper work, change sheets, full spring clean............ a bit like just before I went into labour with all three of my beautiful children.
Feather the nest and make things perfect!!!!
 It's probably because, after Tuesday, I have no idea how I will feel.
Will I be able to do these things?
Will I want to do these things?
I should imagine that the first week will have little effect, but I don't really know.

There are other silly things....like
My hair needs cutting, should I have it done? Why, if it is all going to fall out over the next couple of weeks.

I have already made an appointment with the wig maker who is resident on the chemo ward, I have bought false eye lashes for when my own fall out!

Buying them reminded me of when I was younger.
It was fashionable to wear glasses that were half the size of your face! (I wear contacts now).
Well, I had such glasses.
I was invited on a date....heheheh, such fun!
I got all 'dolled up'....
False eye lashes and nails.
We went to the 'flicks'. (Cinema). 'Where Eagles Dare'.
Anyway, whilst in there, we watched the film.
We had pop corn.
Yes, you guessed.
One of my nails must have come off, because my date found it in the pop corn, he had been chewing on it, and had to spit it out.
I didn't want to admit that it was mine, so during part of the film, I was trying to get them off. Well,  they were flicking all over the audience!!!!!
I put the 'butter wouldn't melt in mouth' face on and pleaded ignorant.
When we got out of the cinema, my date kept staring at my face. He said,
"There's something on your glasses".
I took them off to look, and my eyelashes were stuck solidly to the top rim of my glasses!!!!!!!
I was so embarrassed!
Not only that, we had to leave before the film had ended because I had to be home at 10.30, and the last bus was at 10.00. The film finished at 10.45!
My date, bless him, STILL invited me on another date!!!!! Lol!
Being asked on a second date was unusual because most of my dates were eventful in similar ways!

No comments: