Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 June 2011

28th June - 9th day of 6th and final chemo cycle

Apparently, it was the hottest day for 5 years here yesterday.
It was very muggy and oppressive. It was also cloudy. The day before was oppressive, but he sun shone too.

Last night it rained, and the weather 'broke'.
The sun is trying very hard to shine this morning, it looks lovely...........a lot 'fresher' than yesterday.

Sunday and yesterday...well, I had a couple of bad days...........this, I think was compounded by the muggy and sticky heat.

For the past two days, (and this morning, so far), I have had very tingly and numb feet, an upset tummy, tinnitus has become worse....and I am feeling sorry for myself.............

Some one, please come and give me a slap!!!!!!

Remind me how lucky I am!!!!!

Why?

Well, over the past 2-3 weeks, a few of people who I have been in contact with via various cancer chats/groups/hospital etc. have, very sadly, lost their battle with cancer.
To top it all, another lady reported on her 'blog' that a person that she was in contact with and fond of, has also lost her battle.............

My thoughts are with these wonderful and brave people and their families and friends.

This has all gone to remind me that life can throw that 'curve ball' any time..........

It has also confirmed that for me, quality of life is far more important than quantity.....who you meet on your journey, what you learn, and how to use your knowledge............................................... all very important stuff!

Well, an appropriate image for this post?
I have no idea...........

I am feeling quite nostalgic and remembering people who have been in my life and made a difference....................................

1 comment:

Carol said...

just testing....