Total Pageviews

Monday 20 June 2011

20th June - 21st day (and last day) of 5th chemo cycle

Well........
I went to have my bloods done this morning, and I was told that I have to see the Oncologist at 15.15 hrs today, and not on Thursday, which is great, (as you know, I had intended to turn up for the first of the two possible appointments anyway).
I have to have the next chemo session tomorrow, and if I had to go to the hospital on Thursday to see the Oncologist, I would have felt really rotten.

I am feeling really tired today, and based on my experiences of the previous chemo cycles, one day before the next one, I should be feeling almost normal!

The dilator.  

(Don't read the next bit Philip......I know that it is too much info for you! Lol!)


I have used it as prescribed.
Painful!
I have just moved up to the second size. It's like starting again from the beginning, which I suppose I am in a strange way.
As I said....painful!

Side effects that I still have

  • Tinnitus
  • Sinusitis
  • Heart burn
  • Phlebitis
  • Neuropathy
  • Lethargy
  • Difficult to concentrate
  • Poor memory
  • Tiredness
  • Poor eyesight
  • Tooth ache
  • Continence issues
  • Painful hip joints
Side effects that I expect to kick in sometime after tomorrow

  • Swollen ankles
  • Swollen knees
  • Lack of physical strength
  • Bloated body
  • Painful body
  • Headaches
  • Nausea
  • Sore head....(due to further hair loss).
My Last chemo cycle starts tomorrow...then NO MORE ever again!!!! Whoooohoo!


The second list of side effects, I expect to be short lived, not too sure of the first list though....I feel as if I have had them throughout...since December in fact.

Well, that's it for today, I will let you know what the Oncologist says in my blog tomorrow.





No comments: