Total Pageviews

Monday 25 April 2011

26th April

I did say that I would post on 26th...so here I am!
OK, it is only just 26th...in fact 20 minutes into the day! 20 minutes pat midnight, and here I am 'blogging!'
Why?  Because I can't sleep!
There has only been 2 nights that I have been able to go to bed...and sleep.
That was last night and the night before.

I am not sure what it is that stops me from sleeping...I am tired, very tired!
As soon as I get into bed, I get strange sensations.....like some one is stabbing me all over my body with needles, particularly on the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands
(The same sensations on my thighs are just as irritating but not as frequent).

My legs are jumping all over the place.
I do attempt to just try, try and try again to sleep, but I usually end up getting out of bed and coming down stairs to play on the computer, watch T.V, read some magazines.
(Books aren't good, because I can't concentrate well enough yet to read and understand what I have just read. I end up having to read most paragraphs twice!)
My eye sight is still a bit 'iffy' too, and there is nothing that I can do about it until I have finished my next lot of chemo.

Oh, well, I am going to get a drink, and then try bed again.
Wish me luck...lol!

Hope that you are all having more joy getting to sleep than I am....Good night, (or morning in this case), lol,
and sweet dreams.


2 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Carol,

I've not been able to sleep at night for a year now. I've given up laying there trying to sleep and now get up and watch 24 hr news or just sit in the dark with a drink sometimes.

Sometimes laying there trying makes it harder to sleep.
Sleep during the day to make up lost hours if necessary.

xxxx

Carol said...

Hi Carole,
So sorry to hear that........must be terrible for you.....Hope it improves before you go back to work, it will be difficult if you are too tired to work.
Hugs
Carol