Total Pageviews

Saturday 12 November 2011

12th November

Hi all,
Just thought that I would share how I am feeling.............
Haven't done that for a while, and I know that some of you may want to know how the secondary cancers can effect you.
So here goes...............

Left over from the chemo and radiotherapy:-

  • Tinnitus....getting slowly worse.
  • Neuropathy in my feet............................remains the same
  • Skin around the vagina........still sensitive and tights and non cotton underwear are uncomfortable. (In fact any underwear can be uncomfortable depending on how long I have to wear it).
  • Lethargy and tiredness.
Bone metastases.
  • Continuous dull ache in the left lower back....this is moving over to the right.
  • Ache to the left upper leg.
  • Unable to walk far or stand for long periods  of time without pain.
  • More lethargy and tiredness.
Other stuff with no officially confirmed reason.
(Unofficially, may be lymph node metastases).
You may recall that I was told that there is a huge chance that I have cancer in my lymph nodes due to the confirmed swelling. I need another scan to officially confirm,

Any way, other stuff.......
  • Feelings of nausea.
  • Even more feelings of lethargy and tiredness.
  • Very occasional short moments of discomfort. ( Left upper abdomen, left lower abdomen, left upper back just by scapula, (shoulder blade).
Brian lump.
  • Headaches.
  • Possibly fuzzy coloured stuff to the peripheries of my vision.
Scan on 17th, and Onc app. 8th December.

(The 18months that they suggested I had left will have dwindled to 16 months by the time I get these appointments sorted! lol!)

I am avoiding taking pain killers unless it is absolutely necessary, I don't want to be come immune to them before I really need them. I imagine as time goes on, the pain will get worse and worse....I want to be sure that the pain killers work!

Anyway, that is the physical, how do I feel emotionally?????????

To be honest, other than being tired....I feel OK.
Looking forward to my week ends away, spending 'prime time' with family and friends.....yes, I feel fine really.



No comments: