Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 December 2011

4th December

Not much to report today...........................
Two of the managers came to see me on Thursday to see if there was anything that could be done in the way of support for me at work, which was a very kind gesture.

I am a bit confused about something though.......
The Company have got a new 'pension provider'. The company pay towards it and so do we, the employees.
My question is..........
I would not be retiring for another 10-11 years. Is it worth me carrying on with it?
I need to make my mind up before 7th December, I think that I am going to have to  speak with some one in the know. I wanted to hold out until after my appointment at the hospital on 8th, but that doesn't appear possible.

We sign our rent agreement for another year on 10th...........If anything happens to me, it leaves Mum and Derek liable for the rest of the year, Mum's a pensioner, and Derek is unemployed, how will they manange?

Oh, so much to think about and try to resolve, by brain is whirring!



3 comments:

Carole said...

There is usually something like a 'death in service (DIS)' clause in your pension Carol and if so, yes it IS worth you keeping it on. You can choose who receives it and it can be divided between people, for example your children.

Ask for a booklet so you can review what benefits are in place in the event of death.

With mine, it's 3 x my final salary that goes into my estate. Rab also gets a (reduced) pension from them. Don't cancel *anything* until you find out what the DIS benefits are is my advice.

xx

Filip said...

I would suggest that you carry on with it because your employer is paying in as well. XXX

Carol said...

Hi Carole,
Yes, I do get DIS, but I didn't realise that it was the same thing....thanks, I will sign up



Filip,
Yep, you are right...
I will carry on, so good to get comments, especially those with good advise.

Thanks both xxxxxx