Total Pageviews

Thursday 22 December 2011

22nd December

Hi Guys,
Been a while since I blogged...but I have had loads to do.....reporting back now!

On Saturday morning, I tried to find Hooty's to buy a tree. Well.....I couldn't find it!  My memory is that muddled!
Anyway, I went to Dunelm's instead, 'because I found that! Lol!)



In the evening, I took Mum to the Party at work.
The tenants were really pleased to see us.
They stopped proceedings and made a speech. I felt really emotional. They and I both knew that it was most unlikely that I would be returning to work.
I was really choked!


Well, it wasn't QUITE like that............but hey ho......nice though, eh!!

Any way, I danced with as many tenants as I could. Many of them were concerned that I was 'over doing it'.



I tried to explain that stopping me dancing was stopping me having fun, and if I didn't have fun, I wouldn't live longer....it would just seem like it to me...........

I tried to explain that I was still Carol, and enjoyed the same things as always. stating the cancer was sharing my body and my life.
As such.........IT will live as I choose, and not the other way around.
I think that every one understood what I meant with out anyone becoming upset.....


Sunday, I, had a lazy day .

Monday, Pete and Dot took me to Hooty's so that I could get a new tree.
(I had to follow them and follow them back home!)



Monday evening, I went out to dinner with my friends, Mike, Doreen and Jacky. Sadly, Sandra and Claire were unable to come.
Doreen brought a beautiful poinsettia that the tenants had bought for me but forgot to give me on Saturday evening!
We met at my house. Jacky's car broke down as soon as she got there! Terrible!
Jacky called the Green Flag, and they came and fixed it whilst we were out, and Derek took charge of that situation. It was all fixed and ready to go when we got back!



Well, no prizes for guessing where we went!
The Wing Wah!   Lol!
The Manager came to the table........showered me with compliments....
(Oh, and yes. I loved it! Bring it on!)
He bought all the drinks for us.

On Tuesday, Tim, the pensions advisor came to see me. He really knows his stuff, and is now keeping his finger on the pulse, sorting lots of stuff out and keeping me advised.
Claire composed a letter for me to send to other pensions providers that I have...so....another job well done and in progress!
Another friend of mine has sorted benefit application for me, and I have had me first response from them, (no info yet  though). Another task under way and in progress!

Keith came Tuesday after noon and he is staying until 3rd Jan Yipeeeee!

Wednesday - MacMillan and Hospice.

She went through all my meds and told me what I should be taking. I explained that I wasn't taking them because it made me too relaxed to make snap decisions at work, and when I am working, I need to make these snap decisions all the time.
(After getting a minor bollocking), she listed them for me............
All of them I have had for a while, but didn't take in case any side effects made it hard to work effectively.

Ibanronic acid 50mg one each morning. 07.00
This one I have to take in the morning...no coffee, tea or anything, just the water I take it with, and then sit bolt upright with out moving, eating or drinking for half an hour! Yuk!
Omeprazole 20mg one each morning 08.00
Hyocine butylbromide 10mg 2 three times daily. 08.00 12.00 18.00
Tramadol Hydrochloride 50mg 1-2, 4 times 08.00 12.00 16.00 Bed time
Zopiclone 7.5 mg  1/2 - 1 each night
Co-danthramer Suspension  10mls each night.

(Haven't done any of this yet, because I have to drive to Bristol and back today!)


I will be referred to the Hospice for some therapies, and to join the day centre for further activities and therapies.
The Mac Millan Nurse was great!
Keith and Derek both came with me.

When we got back home, there was a parcel for me.
I opened it, and it was a CD by Gregory Moore - 'The Christmas Gift'.
It was signed by Gregory Moore...
'To Carol with love'
This was sent to me by a friend that I made on FB. we have never me, but communicated regularly. Thank you Ericka!
The wonder of people, their kindness and caring will never cease to amaze me.


In the afternoon, me Mum and Keith went to the German Market in Birmingham.
It was a spur of the moment thing, and Keith had never been.



When we got home, I was exhausted, so any Winter Solstice celebrations and Yule celebrations that I had planned were only in my head.


Wishing you all Seasons Greetings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
Will you keep in touch with your tennants from work? they sound just like my tennants where I work ( a right bunch of characters )

If I don't get back on your blog before Christmas, I hope you and your family have a truely lovely time.

All my love, Lynn x