Total Pageviews

Monday 21 March 2011

21st March - 20th radiotherapy session

Roxanne arrived at the Station earlier than expected, so I dashed out to pick her up.
We went straight to the hospital, and we were there for 3 hours in total.
Mum came too.

Session went as usual....
I did explain that I had used alternative cream................
Didn't go down too well, but, no major consequences.
I went to see the Doctor, and said that I was very sore.
She actually looked at the area.
She was quite surprised at the level of inflammation etc.
It is possible that I also have a urine infection......oh joy and rapture!

She let out a small exclamation....'oh dear, you are cooking, all of the reactions are due to the radiotherapy'.

I was prescribed some anti-bacterial gel that is to be mixed with the anaesthetic gel in equal parts.
Tramadol pain relief, to be taken 3 times daily and taken with paracetamol.
I was also told that if this pain relief was not sufficient, that morphine will be prescribed. I should know in about 2 days if the tramadol and paracetamol are working.
I was also prescribed some quite strong sleeping medication.

i was informed that I would be requiring these medications even after the radiotherapy had ceased, so it would be in my interest to inform my own GP, as these items are not standard, and would probably have to be ordered in especially.

As soon as I got home, I slapped some of this new stuff on and took the tramadol.

Roxanne tried on her wedding dress, and she looked so beautiful in it!
(As I am typing this up, Roxanne is sorting my new phone...too technical for me....my old on broke!)

So far, so good........feeling very sleepy though, which is a side effect of the tramadol.

There is light at the end of the tunnel!

I hope that it all does what it says on the tin!!!!

2 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Carol,

Just wondering how you're feeling now?

xx

Carol said...

Hi Carole.
Hope that you had a great time!
I have been feeling like crap....but you know that...lol!