Total Pageviews

Saturday 24 September 2011

Saturday 24th September

Well, it has been a while since I last posted, so I will see how I can catch up without boring you all to 'snores', Lol!

I had my bone scan on Friday of last week.
No where near as bad as I was expecting it to be.
I had an injection of some radio active stuff. This was not administered by drip, as I was expecting, so that was good.
This 'stuff' takes a while to get to the parts that it is supposed to get to, so I had some lunch in the hospital whilst I waited.
(I had planned to go to the local shopping park to pass the time, but my back and hip were really playing me up).

When I was given the injection, I was told to avoid children and pregnant women for at least the rest of the day.
(I did ask if I would glow in the dark, but alas not.)


Any way, a couple of hours after the injection, I reported back to the 'Nuclear Imaging Dept. for the scan.

The scanning took about 50 minutes. (It was hard staying absolutely still for such a long time, but to my surprise, I made it!)
No pain, (other than the bloody nagging of my hip and back), just a bit of discomfort because I couldn't move.

I hope that this is reassuring for anyone who is waiting for a bone scan.
My next appointment with the oncologist is 2nd or 3rd November, so unless they found anything life threatening, I should imagine that I will get the results then.

Yesterday, when I went to work to pick up my phones, I thought that my back was well enough to take a little walk around the local shopping park, so I did.
Huge mistake!
After having walked around only one of the stores, I was in agony again.

The strange thing is, there is no pain when I drive, although, getting into, and getting out of the car does cause pain.
So the good news is, I can still drive!
 
O.K! Not me, or my car, 
but I can dream!

2 comments:

Carole said...

Hi Carol,

Thanks for the info on the bone scan, that was helpful for me.

Re your ongoing pain issues, maybe consider booking an appointment with an osteopath. Mine has definitely helped a little and although I'm not a 'quick fix' I feel a little better today. Might be worth you considering...

Hugs & much luv xxxx

Carol said...

Hi Carole,
So pleased that you found the post helpful...:)
I think that I will try an osteopath....heaven knows that I need something!
I will have a look and see where my nearest is.
Take care, hugs
Carol