Total Pageviews

Saturday 3 September 2011

4th September

Well, here I am at 1.20am........blogging!
Why? I hear you cry!
Because I went to bed too early last night, and stayed in bed too long this morning!
That'll teach me!
I went to bed at at 11.00pm, tossed and turned....tossed and turned again!
Well.......... then, I thought......................................................
'Bugger it, get up and watch some T.V!' 

(And blog)! Lol!
Law and Order Special Victims Unit is on the screen as I speak, well, type!
(And that stupid Ikea advert where two people start chucking socks and undies all over the bedroom)!  Completely nuts if you ask me!

I feel a digression coming on.........................................You may ask,
'Digression from what?'
And I will answer,
'No idea!!!!' Lol!

Any way, 'I wanna tell you a story'....(Max Bygraves, eat your heart out)!

In the 70's, I was training to be a psychiatric nurse in Leicester...........................
Loving it!
Any way, my Aunt's partner sadly passed, and Mum and I went to London for the funeral. We went by coach.
On the way back, we were at the coach station waiting for the coach home.

A man came up to my Mum, and asked if she had any cheese. He had a very strong Scottish twang, and I believe that he had had a tipple..........................................
I said to Mum,
'Don't worry, I'll deal with this, I am in training for this sort of thing'.
Mum stepped aside, and I started to interact with him.

I opened my bag so that he could see in, I smiled and said,
'I am so sorry, but neither of us have any cheese, but I will happily buy you a cheese sandwich'.

The man looked a little confused for a fleeting moment, then looked sympathetic.
He looked at My Mum and said,
'You need to take this woman home, she f*cking crazy.....have you got any change?'


That was my first lesson in how to keep your mouth shut and not be too cocky!
Me and my Mum laughed all the way home!

Lol!
That will teach me...........


I hope so, some one needs to!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will be laughing allday at that one Carole!!......got any more? haha,
Lynn x

Carol said...

Hey Lynn!
I have to think of things to write when I have nothing to say, so, I cast my mind back to funny stuff that has happened over the years!
Yes, I have more., (sadly, lol)!...Confirms that I am a bit dippy!
Don't know if you have read some old stuff in my blog, but there are a few there too.
hugg 'n' stuff!
Carol

Carole said...

I'm going to remember that one - so funny....

These are the things people will remember us for in the future Carol, not the blasted 'c' but stuff like this.

I picture them all standing around when I'm gone (in the future, way in the future of course) saying things like 'Remember when mum did this/that?' and laughing about it....in your case, remember when mum tried to offer the stranger 'cheese' from her handbag :)
LOL - great stuff

Carol said...

Hi Carole,
Yes, you are right, it is those sorts of things that that you are remembered by...I don't want to remembered for having cancer, I want to be remembered for other stuff.
Not that I intend to go any where for a long time yet!
Hugs,
CAROL