Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 May 2011

3rd May

My brother, Philip came to see me today. It was great to see him.

I had big plans to do such a lot today, but I was really tired. I didn't sleep well last night at all.
I fact, since I started treatment, I have had issues sleeping. I really do hope that is gets back to normal when it is all over.
Only 1 week to go before I start chemo again, so I have to start taking my temperature twice daily again, get anti-acid stuff in, get some more alcohol free mouth wash..............

Get ready to start experiencing the side effects of it all.......oh, and of course, the little bit of hair that I have managed to grow, will all go again. (Not that I mind, I quite like having no hair!) lol!

I will shave it off again, because it hurts the top of my head when it starts to fall out.

As I mentioned before, I ballooned when I had chemo last time...I am just starting to get back to my normal size now...I dare say that I will expand again over the next 10 weeks.

I haven't got much of an appetite at the moment. When I was on chemo last time, if it didn't move, I ate it! Lol!

I'll tell you what though............
All the things that I was concerned about before cancer, seem so insignificant now.
For example, from the age of  about 11, I was obsessed with my weight, like most young girls are today.
 I have always yo yo'd  a bit with my weight, and always worried when I put it on.......right up to being diagnosed!
Any way, now I think, bloody hell...I have had 4 full term pregnancies, 3 beautiful children, many gynaecological operations, including a hysterectomy when I was 36, a breast lumpectomy at 42...I am 55 now, (well 55 and 11 months..lol)!
Do you know what!...I don't care! No more obsessing for me and worrying! If you don't like the way I look...then look away!

I feel this way about loads of things now......If it doesn't hurt any one and it isn't going to kill me,,,,Chill!

Lol! Considering that I had nothing to say, I haven't done badly, Lol!
I will get down from my soap box now! Lol!


No comments: