Total Pageviews

Wednesday 11 May 2011

11th May - 1st day of session 4 chemo.(first 3 before radiotherapy).

I arrived at the hospital at 08.55.
I had to have bloods taken and urgent results before we could start.
The results came back, all was well.....chemo started at 09.20.
I arrived back home at 18.30.


I could feel the 'stuff' coursing through my veins,  particularly if it was a new bag, because there was the addition of the temperature change.


The hospital a  little concerned about my loss of appetite and weight loss. They want to keep their eye on it.


I am sure that it is nothing to worry about, I will soon expand again because of the steroids in the chemo meds.
Apart from which, it wont do me any harm to shed a few pounds, lol!


Right...
The meds I have taken home to use:-


Etoposide 100mg - 1 capsule twice daily for 2 days. 08.00 and 16.00.
 Must wash my hands after touching these as they are cytotoxic.


Cytotoxicity is the quality of being toxic to cells. Examples of toxic agents are a chemical substance, an immune cell or some types of venom (e.g. from the puff adder or brown recluse spider)
Ref: wikipedia.


Dexamethasone 2mg - 1 tab 3 times daily - for 3 days -  08.00 12.00 16.00
These are anti sickness, I think that this is the steroid.


Emend 125mg and 80mg - 1 daily for 2 days - 10.55
125 mg was taken at lunch time yesterday.
80mg take daily for 2 days.
More anti-sickness. They are bloody HUGE!


Domperidone 10mg - 1 or 2 tabs - 3 or 4 times daily if required for the relief of nausea or vomiting.


In addition I have to have Immodium just in case.
A laxative, lust in case,
Heart burn meds, just in case,
Sleeping tabs, just in case,
Pain killers, just in case.




I didn't sleep well last night, with one thing and another.
I went to bed about 19.00hrs, couldn't sleep, got up.
Went back about 23.00hrs, didn't sleep until about midnight.
I was up again at 03.30, and I am still up.
I went out in the garden and listened to the birds sing, that was very therapeutic.
I will try to catch up on some sleep when I have done this.






I did finish it once, but I deleted it instead of publishing it, so I have had to do it again. 
I nearly didn't finish it this time, because every work that I wrote translated itself in to Hindi!
Are there such things as blog gremlins? There must be!



















No comments: