Total Pageviews

Friday 27 May 2011

28th May - day 19 of 4th chemo cycle

Yesterday, I took the details of the 'dilator' to my Doctor's surgery, so hopefully, I will get than soon, and can crack on with it.
From there, I went straight to the hospital to have my 'bloods' done.
This has to be done a couple of days before each new chemo cycle to make sure that my blood is recovered enough to have more  chemo drugs infused.
I wont know until I get there on Tuesday. So far, there have been no problems, and I am sure that it will remain so.

When I left the hospital, I felt really well, so I thought that a trip to Bristol to see Robert, my eldest son, would be in order.
To be honest, I would have gone regardless how I felt, because I really need to see him. It has been a long time since my last visit.
The drive down was fine. I saw Robert and spent some time with him, which was great. During my visit, I became quite tired, so I came back home before my tiredness became too much of an issue.
The trip home was uneventful, but I was really glad to get back. I was so tired and completely whacked.

I didn't sleep too well, and have been sitting in the garden with coffee since 06.30 this morning.
I will probably have a nap this afternoon.

Some of my friends and family have shown concern about yesterday's post. They gave me the impression that it is going to be a difficult time for me.
On the contrary!
Everything that happens from now on is a breeze after radiotherapy.

I am feeling positive, I am happy, and I know that once I have recovered from my last chemo cycle I will be as right as rain!


'Right as Rain' - how beautiful is that?!









No comments: