Total Pageviews

Sunday 15 July 2012

Sunday 15th July


Well, I have had a busy few days. My chair arrived just before we left the house on Friday morning.........

Friday, Keith and I went for Brunch, which turned out to be a substantial lunch with Jean and Derek Oldale, we all used to work together over 6 years ago now, it was great to have a catch up.


After that, me and Keith went straight to Leicester.
On route, I had to ask Keith to pull over on the 'hard shoulder' because I was sick....not a lot though, and we were back on the road in no time at all.


This how I felt.....very conspicuous and uncomfortable.

Now in Leicester we saw Mum for a while, Roxanne was there. We spent a bit of time there, long enough for Keith to go and catch up with his friends for a while.
Then off to Banbury to see Dawn and Phil.
Dawn was full of cold, and was clearly trying hard to be the hostess, and was far to unwell.
Never the less, we all went to dinner at a Thai Restaurant. The food was delicious......bless, Dawn was flagging, she kept a brave cheery face on though.
When we got back to Philip's. Dawn tried very hard to stay up, but had to accept defeat, and retire.
We were not long behind.....what a knackering, but enjoyable day.......


Next morning, Dawn was even worse that the day before, so elected to stay home whilst the rest of went to see, Uncle Derek, who I hadn't seen for over 23 years. It was the first time that Phil, Keith and Roxanne have ever met him, so we were all really looking forward to it........

Any way, we were all getting ready, every one wanting to use the bathroom at the same time......
Again I felt sick and had to make use of the drain in the garden....most embarrassing.


It was at this point that I decided that we would come straight home afterwards....the best for Dawn, and for me....I hate people to know that I am being sick! Dawn could do without us being there, and although Dawn knew that we would understand, she wouldn't have relaxed, and I was uncomfortable being sick, when I knew that every one would understand.........
We are such strange creatures!


Anyway, off to Uncle Derek's. Liz, his lovely wife was there, with her fabulous hostessing skills.....
My cousin, who I had never met before was there, Beth, and she was with her husband. They had come just to meet us, which was fantastic.

Uncle Derek took us out to lunch, wonderful meal in a great place.
Another of my cousins came and met us there, Lee........he brought his 2 children, Holly and Harry.

I have met Lee before on a number of occasions, we always promised to keep in touch, but you know how it is.........
The children were beautifully behaved.

We learned so much about our family, it was great for Phil, because he is a newly found brother, so he learned lots too. (It has to be said, I learned a great deal too)!

We all exchanged contact details, and promised to keep in touch and visit....let's hope that we actually do this time.....


We then took Roxanne back to Leicester, she has to go to a wedding today............back to Wolves, and slept the sleep of the innocent all night on my recliner chair....such bliss.......

In fact, I am sitting in it as I blog.

Claire is coming with Tilda in a few minutes, we will drive to canal, and then take Tilda and Dougal for a walk, the dun is shining, let's hope that it stays bright and dry..........

Crikey, lots to say today, now to add the pics..............
Have a good Sunday!






No comments: