Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Wednesday 25th April 2012


Hi every one! I am completely knackered! Today was going to be a rest day, but exciting things happened! I had a call from a reporter from the Birmingham Mail. She interviewed me over the phone. She sent a photographer this after noon, and 'it' should be published in tomorrow's paper!
Woooohoooooo! I really hope that they think that it is worth it, and haven't got me muddled with some one else! Mum is fine after her fall yesterday. I took her to the Doctor's. I have to take her for more blood tests on Friday morning before I make the trip for my pottery week end away. (That is her regular 6 monthly one). She is always giving her blood away for something! Lol! I suspect that she may be supporting a secret charity..............
Tomorrow, I am at Compton Hospice. I am really glad, because I think that I may need further pain control...particularly during the night........... Roxanne will be coming tomorrow evening too, so will Claire. Keith will come on Friday morning....ready for our pottery week end away. Back on Monday, and drum lessons on Tuesday!
As I said, I am really, really tired, and I think that I should be resting. On the other hand, there is so much that I want to do with the time I have left........
I will be having all the rest in the world all too soon. And you're a long time dead.............................

14 comments:

Michelle Price, Community Fundraiser said...

Hi Carol. Did you buy all the newspapers? I tried 3 shops and couldn't get one! I'd like to scan the article and put it on our facebook and blog so can you bring it in if you have one please? I've uploaded your video to YouTube now as well - the link is on our Facebook page. You look great :) Oprah here we come . . .

Miranda said...

Hi Carol,

It would be great if I could have a chat with you too! My name's Miranda and I'm a features writer for women's magazines.

Please give me a call on 0121 616 1100, or email mirandaknox@catersnews.com

Nothing is published without your full permission, would just be great to have a chat.

All the best, Miranda

Angelinthemaking said...

I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling so good Carol. I hope you have a great weekend.

angelavant said...

Carol, my name is Angela and I am a survivor of small cell carcinoma of the cervix. we have a group on Facebook of about 80 women! please join us: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/scccsisters/ you can email me at angelavant@aol.com. Stay strong!!!!

angelavant said...

Carol! My name is Angela, I live in the US. I am a survivor of neuroendocrine small cell carconima of the cervix. we have a group of about 80 women from all over the world with small cell in a group on facebook. Please join us!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/scccsisters/ Stay strong!!!
Angela

tanny said...

Carol,

I was initially diagnosed on April 30, 2009 with neuroendocrine small cell carcinoma of the cervix and it has since spread to my ovary and now my lungs. I don't know if you are on Facebook, but there is a private group of women from all over world with small cell carcinoma, including ladies from the UK! Please let me know if you are interested in joining the group and I can put you in touch with the lovely gal who moderates the page for us.

Be well and please remember you are not alone.

Love and light,
Tanny :) in Ohio, USA
tannyv33@gmail.com

Carol said...

Hi Michelle,
Hehehehe...I did buy 7 copies!
Carol

Carol said...

Michelle.....
Ooooo, great about u tube...wil! have a look in a mo.

Oprah will be next for sure!!!!!!
Lol!

Carol said...

Hi Miranda,
I will be in touch...probably tomorrow after noon if that is OK?
Sounds really exciting!
Blessings.
Carol

Carol said...

Hi Angela,
Thanks for that, I would love to join your group.......cervix/vagina..they are near enough biologically....looking forward to chatting.
Cheers
Carol

Carol said...

Hi Tanny,
Sounds great, thanks,
I will be in touch....as I said to Angela....the 'bits' in question are close enough! I really do with you well and be as healthy as you can for as long as you can.
Blessings.
Carol

Carol said...

Hi Angel,
You know what it is like....good days and bad days! Hope that you are feeling well, and I am feeling quite a bit better now thanks...the pain control from Compton Hospice is great!
Blessings,
Carol

Carol said...

Angela...
I have tried to email you, and to look for your page on fb, sadly, I have been unable to to do this, fb states that they can't find your page, and your email address comes back as unable to find......please contact me again if you can.
Thanks
Carol

Carol said...

Tanny,
I have sent you an email...it hasn't 'pinged' back yet, so I imagine that you will get it soon.
Thanks
Carol