Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 January 2012

3rd January 2012

Well, today was probably my last day of work.
Driving to work, I felt saddened, knowing that it would most likely be my last day.
I went to finish a document that I believe is important to who ever may take over.
AND, I DID IT!    
Yay!



It didn't take me long to learn that sitting and completing a document was one thing, jumping up and down, greeting people, visiting tenants, other necessary wandering around and trying to solve tenants problems, was another kettle of fish altogether!
I found that part of the job so difficult today.


I said my 'farewells' with a promise to visit when and if I was able.
Oh, my, that was so hard to do too!



My brother Phil, was in Birmingham, picking his daughter, Faye, up from the station.
The weather was so bad 'up North', that the trains had been cancelled.
He had travelled from Coventry, so he popped in to work to see me just as I was leaving.
He brought me a huge bouquet of flowers in yellows, oranges and reds. Fabulous!
Thanks Phil!


They looked a lot better than this, but the colours are similar....use your imaginations!


One of the Doctors from one of the local surgeries where many of the tenants are registered, phoned to discuss an issue that was 'work related'.
I explained that today was my last day.
She is aware of my cancer, and the prognosis, but was unaware that this was my last day.
Anyway..............
She seemed genuinely concerned.......she said such touching things.
She said that she could not promise a longer life, but she believed that I should go to 'Paradise', and in order to do that, it may be useful for me to read the Qur'an.
She 'massaged' my ego, by saying what a great job I had done, and how hard it would be to replace me. I really did feel appreciated!

Well, about half an hour later, she arrived at my place of work, with a brand new copy of an English translation of the Qur'an!
That is the only reason that she came,  to be sure that I had a copy, to be sure that I went to 'Paradise!'
She gave me loads of  hugs!!!!
It was quite overwhelming!

It was wonderful, and I felt very touched......'touched' doesn't really express  how I felt....................it brought a lump to my throat and tears to my eyes.
The generosity and caring of people will never cease to amaze me.


Just writing this is making me 'well up', so I am off for a coffee, and get into my jimjams!

Got to be up bright and early tomorrow.........Bloods to be done.........yuk!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

你好,博主。能不能帮我看看我这个的站,差不多俩年了,百度收录才几个页面,这是怎么回事呢??

Carol said...

Hi Anon,
我需要知道您的博客被称为寻找。
谢谢你,卡罗尔
Carol