Total Pageviews

Friday 12 August 2011

Saturday 13th August

I think that I will take a trip into town today...ON MY OWN!

The only time that I have been into town on my own since I was diagnosed, is Thursday just gone, I was in and out in less than 1 hour!

Whilst there I noticed that a Cafe that I used every Saturday before diagnoses, had closed down.
This, in turn, reminded me of a man that I saw every Saturday...............................

Ooooo, about 4-5 years ago, I always saw this man, he would be sitting on the pavement by the cafe, begging. He didn't look very well.
I find it difficult to assess people's ages, but I would say that he was in his twenties.
Anyway, I would always give him some change. Over a few months, I started to chat with him and  buy him a cup of tea, in fact, the cafe owner would already have a coffee and a tea set up on the counter by the time I got in there! Lol!

Shortly after that, he started to sell the 'Big Issue'.

As time went on, he started to look a lot better, a bit more healthy.

On dry days, I would buy a coffee for me  and a tea for him, we would sit on some steps chatting. Sometimes we would sit at a table, if the cafe had put their tables and chairs outside.

I never knew his name, but I Learned that this man had a brother, his brother had a dog, and this man would bring the dog out sometimes too. He was a very 'robust' Pit Bull. A lovely animal.
The man had some issues with his leg, and some times it would be bandaged and he would be limping.

The thing that I noticed and admired was, if he saw a friend of his, who was also selling the 'Big Issue' in another part of town, he would give him half of the cup of tea that I had bought him, neither of the men would allow me to buy an extra cup so that they could have a cup each........

The last time I saw him, he was looking a bit unwell again, this was just before or around Christmas. Due to many reasons, I haven't been into town on a Saturday in the last 9 months or so, so I haven't seen him.

I intend to go into town today, at the time that I used to go and see if he is still around.....I would be very interested in seeing how he  is getting on  now.

He may have moved 'spots' as the cafe has closed down, but I don't see why, because the 'foot fall' in that area wont have changed because it is one of the busy entrances to the shopping mall.

Oh well, I hope that I see him to catch up, if not, I wish him well........................

This picture is NOT him, but you get the idea!


No comments: