Total Pageviews

Friday 19 August 2011

19th August - Just a little rant......................

I have been looking at various cancer sites over the past year, and gaining support, and hopefully giving support.
Today, I read a 'discussion' that was most interesting...........
The people were talking about what others have said to them and reactions from others in general.
Well, yes, I have experienced similar, felt very much the same as the cancer patients who had posted, but never did anything about it, despite how the comments and reactions made me feel, so I am going to do it now!

The experiences mentioned are from people in face to face interactions, ones that know me very well, ones that I see in town, in my local area and generally...in the flesh, even family!

Some comments to me..........

  • "I have looked your cancer up on the internet.......you are going to have to be very lucky to survive it...."
  • "Oh, my Aunty went through the same as you last year, she died though..."
  • "You look too well to have cancer, are you sure that you aren't fibbing to me?"
  • "Oh well, never mind, could be worse, could be me with cancer..lol!"
Of course, I try to be as positive as I can for as much of the time as I can.....there are the odd occasions when I am not positive...........I defy any one, with or without cancer to be positive ALL OF THE TIME!
So....telling me to be positive on the odd occasion when I am not makes me want to punch the person that has said it!

These are just some examples of what has been said to me..............

The other thing that I have noticed is, some people who would speak to me regularly, even seek me out, avoid me like the plague, have even crossed to road to avoid speaking to me.............

People who have never spoken to me seek me out and want the gruesome details...they, of course, are life's 'ambulance chasers'.

Well, now I have got that off of my chest I want to say that it is easier not to address these issues as they arise, because conflict, challenges and bad atmospheres are the last thing that we need.


Why oh why, is it us who think about not offending the people who say and do these things...................................... 

When this is how we feel!




We smile sweetly, and forgive......
For they no not what they do..........................




2 comments:

nurse said...

We want to rant sometimes. Your blog is inspirational. Good luck at work. Still taking me a long time to get back to where I was...give your life time to heal. Take care.
Another cancer survivor.
Aaron

Carol said...

Hey Aaron,
Thank you for your kind words.
Having a good rant is quite cathartic! lol!
Hope that you get to where you want to be very soon.
Blessings and happiness!
Carol