Total Pageviews

Friday 8 July 2011

9th July - day 20 of 6th chemo cycle

Well.....not much to say today. No real change.
Roxanne is getting all panicky about her wedding!
She is coming on 18th and we will sort out the final little bits and pieces....(I hope), lol!

You know that I said that I am doing some really daft things............yesterday, I surpassed myself...lol!
To be fair, I think that it is the sort of thing that I do when I get over enthusiastic when completing a task....lol!

Because I haven't been doing as much craft work as usual...(eyesight), some of my glue bottles have become all sticky and hard, which has stopped the glue coming out of the bottles easily.............................
Well........................I de-gunked my 2 bottles of PVA.
I used tweezers and pins, opened the bottles and 'twoze', (another of my invented words...past tense for tweezed) and poked all of the old, dried glue from the nozzles. This works really well.
Anyway, I decided that I would do the same with my bottle of super glue............
You can see where this is going, can't you?

Yep, your right..............
I 'superglued' my thumb, index finger and middle finger together with the tweezers in place, I tried to remove the tweezers with my other hand.............. you get the picture!

Hot soapy water with tugging and poking managed to separate them......eventually.
The residue of the glue remained on the fingers of both hands, so I had to sand paper them get them smooth so I could 'feel' stuff and to stop them catching on my clothes!

I know....stupid, and I do know better....what can I say...the shame!  Lol!

Mum was with me, we couldn't stop laughing about it!

When Derek came home, I told him about it and he just raised his eyebrows in a 'knowing way', like it's the sort of thing that he has grown to expect from me!

I was lucky really, it could have been so much worse.
It took me ages............couldn't answer the phone, answer the door or any other ordinary tasks for a couple of hours!
(I am so please that I didn't need a 'comfort stop' whilst this was all going on......
That could have been REALLY nasty!!!! Lol!)

Ho hum...............maybe I will grow up one of these days!

Naw...................

No comments: