Total Pageviews

Friday 24 August 2012

Here I am again.........

I was at the Hospice yesterday, and I started a wonderful rug making project of a winged unicorn.....really can't wait until it is finished. I left a bit earlier than usual as I felt a bit unwell, and I was very sick before I went.
However, I did learn that I have 'thrush' in the mouth.
This is apparently quite common, so I have been given more meds to combat that.


I'd love to say that it was because I had been up to no good, but alas, that is not the case.
It is just one of those things, as I said, common in my situation, but it can be caused by some medications too.

Claire, Faye and Leigh came to visit last evening. We were going to go the the Wing Wah, but, I wasn't really up to it, so we stayed here and chatted.......
We got up to loads of mischief, none of it my idea, you understand, I was just an innocent bystander.
Our behaviour was that of a group of adolescent school girls with the giggles.
We should be ashamed of ourselves, but we aren't! Lol!


This morning, I was very sick again, and I was supposed to go to the Wing Wah with my friend Jacky, but again, didn't feel up to it.
Jacky phoned first to check, so we decided to stay here, and she would bring George, her dog.
George was very well behaved today, apart from when he was leaving...........
He and Dougal decided to give us a rendition of some obscure yodelling tune.
It was really funny.....if I could have found some music quickly enough, I would have played along.....thinking about it, I should have got the drums out.........



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol
I'm sorry you are having a lot of sickness..
I love the thought of the yodelling dogs lol

My sister had oral thrush a lot as she was on steroids, a treatment called nystatin really helped her and she found ice lollies helpful as well for the soreness and for her sickness.
Frozen pieces of banana are soothing Carol and good for you if you can't face very much to eat..
I used to cut up just enough to pop onto some lolly sticks:)

Wishing you a better weekend
Hugs
Sally xxx

nurse said...

Keep your spirits focused on'love and light.' I think of you often my dear friend.
Aaron

nurse said...

Keep your spirit up..."love and light." I think of you often dear friend.
Aaron